You Have The Right To Fight Drug Charges
Drug violations are felony charges in Georgia. If you are facing a drug charge, there is no question that you need experienced representation on your side to protect your future and freedom.
Weldon Law Firm has more than a decade of experience protecting the rights of people accused of drug charges. Our founding lawyer, Thomas Darrell Weldon Jr., is a former prosecutor. He understands how the prosecution works. The combination of that knowledge and the personal approach we take with every case, helps us to provide you with skilled defense against these charges.
We Protect Your Future From The Penalties Of Drug Charges
We have defended clients against the penalties of all types of drug charges, including:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Drug trafficking and manufacturing
The penalty for any of these charges is a felony. Additional penalties include the suspension of your driver’s license, jail time and fines.
However, these penalties vary depending on the substance. Some substances, including cocaine and methamphetamine, can lead to both state and federal charges.
Our founding attorney practices at both state and federal levels. He also has extensive experience handling charges involving numerous substances, including:
- Prescription drugs
Smart And Practical Defense Strategies
We ask the right questions to build a strong defense on your behalf, including:
- Did the police follow proper procedures at the traffic stop or during a search?
- Was it an illegal search and seizure?
- What does the police report entail, and did they communicate that information to you?
- What do other witnesses have to say about the situation?
- Did the police have a reason to suspect a crime?
We get the facts of your situation.
Addiction is often at the root of drug offenses. If that is the case, we strive to help you obtain the rehabilitation services you need.